WHAT IS A SCRATCHER?
A "scratcher" is defined in the professional tattoo industry
as a person with little to no artistic ability when it comes
to tattooing. A "scratcher" has little no concern for the
health and safety of the general public or himself, he
reuses needles and his sterilization methods are non
existent to crude A "scratcher" may possess professional
equipment but he lacks the knowledge to properly use it
or maintain it. A "scratcher" has no respect for the
history of tattooing and no interest in it's future other than
money and the fact that in his own mind it makes him cool.
WHAT CAN A SCRATCHER DO TO YOU?
A "scratcher" will give you an ugly ass scar filled with
blotchy ink that you will be embarrassed to show your
friends. He will likely give you an infection that you don't
want or even worse a disease that you can't get rid of!
Sure you might save some cash at the moment but in the
long run it will definitely cost you a lot more than his work
* Ask if he has an autoclave?
* Ask if he has a portfolio that you can look at?
* Ask how long he's been tattooing and ask for references?
* Look at his hands, would you want him touching you?
* Is his general appearance neat and clean?
* Does he talk bad about others doing tattoos?
* Did he tell you that he can do it cheaper than anyone else?
* Ask around about his reputation?
* Use some common sense and remember that good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap
tattoos aren't good.
Special Thanks to MAD MIKE DOWIS